Q: How long do treatments take?
A: Microdermabrasion treatments usually require 30-45 minutes and may be performed at the initial consultation if prearranged
Q: Does microdermabrasion hurt?
A: Microdermabrasion does not hurt although it may sting a little around the eye area. The patient normally works up to a level as they go to increase the penetration to the skin. Your skin may feel a little hot and appear a little pink for the first day.
Q: Are there any contraindications for microdermabrasion?
- Patients are asked to cease use of certain topical agents such as glycolic acids, alpha-hydroxy acids and Retin-A for a few days before microdermabrasion treatment.
- Patients who present with certain facial skin disorders may be advised not to pursue treatment, e.g. acne rosacea or even facial telangiectasia.
- If a patient experiences red streaking from the treatment because of over intense strokes or very sensitive skin, the patient should cease further treatments until the erythema has fully subsided.
- Patients with any signs of a sunburn should not be treated.
- Requires multiple sessions and maintenance treatments.
- Patients with good skin tone will show best results.
- An individualized skin care program may be recommended to maximize results.
By sophie dickson from 3 on February 7, 2011|
hi, i'm 16 and i have stretch marks on my arms, is there any way micro dermabrasion will help me get rid of these?
By Lorraine Loftus from Dublin. Ireland on December 27, 2010|
Hi, I have extremely dry flaky rough skin all over by body esp back and legs. I had excema as a child and have grown out of that but now i'm left with rough skin. i've spent a fortune on creams and body polish's in the salon. I'm really looking for something i could use at home. Wud micro dermabrasion would work for my problem. thanks
By Golden from Trinidad on August 8, 2008|
I have what seems to be open pores although I am not sure if it is scaring from acne. Will Microdermabrasion help for any of these?
By Patsy Schnare from Nova Scotia, Canada on July 28, 2008|
I received a Microdermabrasion kit for Christmas and am very disappointed. At first it seemed ok, but no matter how lightly I went it reddened my skin and in some areas actually broke capilliaries - some of which have never cleared up. I know now that I should have never used the unit, and since have read this in several health magazines. Also, within the first two weeks the foam head fell off - I know I was not supposed to get water on it but I didn't know how else to clean it. As this was a gift from Costco I do not have any receipts, can you help me?
In closing I would like to say my daughter and I use Neutrogena products faithfully, they truly are superior. I suppose this is why I feel sorry to send you this email.
Hopefully you would not mind if I returned my Microdermabrasion kit?
Thank you, Patsy Schnare
By fathama begum on June 8, 2008|
hi just wanted to know if micro would help with burn scars, thanks
By leanne yeung from Ireland on April 30, 2008|
Hi, my beautician recommended I get micro dermabrasion. Im 19 wit a few scars from spots on my chin, nothin major. Would you recommend I go for it??